Stop what you are doing. Ok, don't stop or you may get fired, but definitely plan a trip to the grocery store on the way home to grab a sweet little bag of Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips and don't forget to print this recipe before you leave work :0) shhhhh, don't tell your boss I told you to do that.
Below is the easiest, most delicious cookie you'll ever sink your teeth into. It's sinful. For you chocolate addicts out there, it's scary easy to whip up on a whim. There are no messy, cumbersome beaters used - just old fashioned wooden spoons. There's no preplanning to soften butter or bring eggs to room temp. You pop the butter in the microwave and actually melt it! Then, no tedious scooping of the perfect size dough ball. Nope, you plop 12 giant scoops on two baking sheets and, voila, 12 minutes later your senses will be spinning with the aroma of these shameful cookies.
We've dubbed this cookie not the "Giant Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie" but rather the "Walk of Shame" for all the reasons listed above - sinfully good and shamefully easy - perhaps slightly inappropriate but remember friends, this is Life, not a perfect Blog. All too frequent text photos are traded among our family with caption "I did the walk" and a pan of our most delicious cookies is on the screen.
Join in on the Walk of Shame guilt and tag yours on Instagram #glasseventboutique and #food52
Lastly, thank you Food52 for completing my life.
FOOD 52 GIANT CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 12 oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a larger bowl whisk the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla together.
- With a wooden spoon stir half the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until all the flour is absorbed. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Scoop large spoonfuls of dough onto an un-greased cookie sheet. 6 cookies to a sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and the center is set. Let them cool on the pan for a minute then transfer to a wire rack.
And for those perfectly unplanned moments, when you realize you are 1 egg short, go ahead and still make them. We Walk of Shame experts have agreed that mistake actually produced a yummier, chewier cookie!